Monday 3 December 2012

Benefit Benetint Review

Onto my first favourite tint when I was starting out with lip and cheek stains: Benetint.

Packaging, it's quite a decent sized box!

Lip colour does not last on me.

I'm not entirely sure why but I guess it's because many lip products feel too heavy and/or drying on my lips which causes it to rub off easily. So the idea of a lip tint or a lip stain seemed like heaven. Kissproof, waterproof, and smudgeproof lip colour? Give it to me now!

Snow white red lips! <3
As you can see from the photo I took, Benetint is a lot more liquid then the Posietint or the Cha Cha Tint from Benefit. So here's a quick review about the Benetint. It retails for $29.00 USD from the official Benefit website (CLICK HERE to visit it in a new window). This is the full-sized bottle and I'm still trying to finish off my deluxe sample sized bottle. A deluxe sample sized bottle can easily last me 4-6 months when used daily as both a cheek and lip colour. Needless to say, a full-sized bottle is going to last me for a long time!

Some people may wonder why you would want more then one cheek tint. I usually apply Posietint to the apples of my cheeks and blend up following my cheekbones. Benetint (being a deeper rose red colour) can act as a contour to the blush which will add more dimension to your face. NOTE: this does not I apply it to wear I apply my bronzer. I use Benetint to add dimension to my blush colour! You can achieve this by applying the Benetint close to the hairline and where you ended the Posietint and blending/patting quickly towards the apples of the cheeks. *sigh* this is hard to explain, just understand! ;)

The colour can definitely be layered to increase the intensity/pigmentation of your lips and/ or cheeks. Just some warnings about this product: since it is incredibly - undeniably - liquid, it will soak into your skin very quickly so make sure you blend quickly! You'll get better when you get more practice using it (it was my first ever tint and now I feel like I can handle any tint in the world!). Also, like most lip tints, Benetint is very drying so make sure your lips are well exfoliated, hydrated with a balm before and covered with a balm/moisturising gloss after the stain sinks into your lips! You'll thank you later! :P


Stay Beautiful! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask me anything! Giving me feedback would be awesome to ;)